- 2 c. Mahatma long grain rice
- 1 small can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 – 15 oz. can of nacho cheese(the cheese like you can get in the industrial size can, only they make smaller versions found near the Parmesan on the pasta isle, Rico’s brand)
- 1 bag frozen broccoli, thawed(or a bag of mixed veggies – broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, squash, zucchini)
- 2 tsp. garlic powder (I use Tone’s garlic powder)
In a deep skillet or pot, start cooking rice according to package directions. When the directions say to remove from heat and let set, don’t.
While the rice is cooking, if your vegetables are in large pieces, chop or cut them into smaller pieces if desired. This is a good way to hide the veggies certain family members do not like.
When the rice is at the let set stage, leave on heat and add veggies, soup, and cheese. Stir together well, bring to a boil and reduce heat. Let simmer till desired thickness is desired about 10-15 minutes. If you let it stand off the heat about 5 minutes before serving it will thicken further.
**adding some cooked diced chicken to this would make it a main one pot meal.