- 6 c. cooked red beans with bacon
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 can Hatch diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1/2 to 3/4 c. sliced jalapenos
- 2 tbsp. dried minced onion or powder
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder (I use Tone’s garlic powder and other dry seasonings)
- 1/4 c. masa flour for thickening (I Suggest Maseca masa)
Slow cook beans or according to package. Drain well and add all ingredients in a pot, let come to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer till ready to serve. Let stand 3-5 minutes to thicken more. OR continue to cook in slow cooker for an hour on low or till ready to serve.