No Picture, it tastes better than it looks.. 😀
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 bag frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 can Bavarian style sauerkraut, drained
- 1 can mushrooms pieces and stems, not drained
- 1 can Hatch diced tomatoes with green chilis, not drained
- 1-2 c. long grained rice, cooked separately (I use Mahatma Brand)
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder (I use Tone’s garlic powder)
- 3 tbsp. Tony Chachere’s Cajun seasoning
Start Rice cooking before starting anything else, if not using instant rice. If using instant rice, adding half the water the rice requires and the rice to pot once mixture has started boiling, can cut back on needing to use an extra pan. (do not add regular rice to the mix, it takes forever to cook that way. regular rice cooks best by it’s self)
In a pot, cook your pork, when almost done add all other ingredients except the rice. Stir together and bring juices to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer till rice is done, or if rice is done simmer for about 10 minutes. Then add rice, the rice will most likely absorb any excess juice once added. Let stand for 2-3 minutes before serving.