- 1 and 1/2 pounds hamburger
- 1 med-lg onion, diced
- 1 lg can (29 oz) tomato puree plus one can water
- 1 can Ranch style beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp garlic powder (I use Tone’s garlic powder)
- 3 tbsp black pepper
- 3/4 c chili powder (I use Tone’s)
- 1/4 c French’s Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp liquid smoke (I use Colgin’s liquid smoke)
Brown hamburger with onion, drain grease if needed, then add all other ingredients, bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer till ready to eat. The longer the simmer the better the flavors are infused together.
Tip: To make the chili a little thicker, add 1/4 c. Maseca masa flour by taking some of the juice in a small bowl and whisk in the masa till smooth, then whisk into chili, bring to a boil and then it will thicken as it sits and simmers.