- 1 triple fudge cake mix, such as Betty Crocker Super Moist
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c oil
- 1 and 1/3 c water
- 1 lg box chocolate pudding, such as Jello Instant Pudding
- 1 evaporated milk, such as Carnation Evaporated milk for extra creaminess
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, such as Eagle Brand sweetened condensed
- 2 cans cherry pie filling (I use Lucky Leaf Cherry pie filling)
- 1 sm container of whipped topping
- Chocolate syrup, such as Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup, Hershey’s Dark Chocolate syrup would be most excellent if you can find it in your store, my store quit carrying it and it was the best.
Bake cake according to box directions. Remove from oven and cool completely. Remove from cake pan and cut through the middle in half length wise, like a layer cake. Place one layer in a very deep container.
Mix chocolate pudding with evaporated milk and sweet condensed, mix well. Spread onto first layer of cake, then place other layer on top.
Pour and spread both cans of pie filling over top. Spread cool whip on top. Drizzle chocolate syrup over top.
Serve or chill till ready. Best served at room temperature.