- 1 lb. frozen chicken breast, cut in large pieces(if using not frozen, then skip the thawing instructions)
- 1/4 tsp. mustard powder, (I use McCormicks mustard powder)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin, (I use Tone’s Cumin)
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander (I use McCormicks Coriander)
- 1 tbsp. McCormicks curry powder, plus (optional) an additional 3 tsp. McCormicks red curry powder for extra spice
- 1 med. onion, diced in lg. pieces
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic (I use Spice World minced garlic)
- 1 can, 14 oz., coconut milk, for example click here
- 2-4 tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro
- black pepper
- Frozen peas
The evening before, set chicken out to thaw slightly. When half thawed, cut pieces into large chunks. *cutting chicken while it’s still slightly frozen can be easier than fully thawed chicken, to me anyway, it doesn’t move around as much while slicing. Place chicken chunks in bowl and season with black pepper, place back into fridge to continue thawing till needed.
Also the night before to save time, prepare your onions, cilantro, ginger, and garlic in a bowl to be added in the morning. I have also combined my dry seasonings in a bowl to make a quick addition.
In the morning, place chicken into your slow cooker on low.
In medium bowl, combine dry ingredients, onion, ginger, cilantro, milk and garlic. Stir together till well blended then pour over chicken in slow cooker.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Just before Serving, heat up some frozen peas and add to chicken mixture.
Serve with brown rice.