- 3 lb. lean ground hamburger
- 2 beef heart, ground, about 2 lb (or 2 lbs x x x lean beef)
- 6-8 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp onion powder, (I use Tone’s onion powder)
- 6 garlic cloves minced or 1 tbsp. Spice World Minced Garlic
- 8 tsp. chili powder (I use Tone’s)
- 4 tsp. paprika (I use Tone’s)
- 6 tsp. cumin (I use Tone’s)
- 2 tsp. oregano (I use Tone’s)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 3-4 tbsp McCormick beef base
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
In a large stock pot, cover beef in water till almost full and cook till almost all brown.
Remove from heat and cool, once cooled place in fridge over night.
Next day or till completely cold, spoon and scrape off the gelled fat off the top. Remove about half the water, place back on the stove and heat.
Once the meat has warmed, take a hand blender and blend meat to very very small pieces. Then pour meat and water into a slow cooker crock*.
While meat is re-warming, in a medium bowl combine all dry ingredients.
When meat is in the crock, add the dry ingredients, the beef base and vinegar and stir together. Place back in fridge until ready to cook, if possible let set in fridge for 1-2 days for best spice simmering.
Place crock in cooker and cook on low heat for at least 6-8 hours, stir occasionally.
Suggested to serve on non beef hot dogs to not chance over powering to beefiness of the sauce.
***If you want to eat sooner, just keep in stock pot and add rest of the ingredients, bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for a couple hours to help infuse the flavor of the spices.