- 1 spaghetti squash, cut in half
- 1 leek, cut in half and sliced thin
- 8-10 fresh Brussels sprouts, steamed and quartered
- 1/2 tub cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 oz. container sliced mushrooms
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- olive oil, for sauteing leeks
In a 350 degree oven, bake your spaghetti squash flat sides down on a spray oiled cookie sheet for 30 minutes.
In a vegetable steamer cook your Brussels sprouts till tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. I love my Black and Decker Steamer, I can cook anything from tamales, eggs to veggies.
In a heated skillet with some olive oil, saute the leeks till tender, about 5-10 minutes.
Once squash is done, allow to cool slightly so you can handle or use tongs to hold one end while you scrape the meat out with a fork. Scrape into a spray oiled slow cooker.
Add leeks when they are done, add all other ingredients and toss with the spaghetti squash.
Cook on low for 2- 3 hours, then turn to warm if you have that option till needed.
All items are cooked, so we are just mainly heating through and allowing the cheese to melt well. I prepared this the night before and heated the next day before I needed it and my Crock Pot brand slow cooker has a warm setting and I was able to keep warm till I served.